Wednesday, February 2, 2011

News from Addis and Progress

What an amazing week it's been, so far.  I've been able to Skype with Amanda and Steve a couple of times and it has been awesome!  I talked to them this morning and they are having such an amazing experience there.  If you want to read about their news, you can click here.

Amanda and Steve have been able to spend 3 hours a day with their kids at the orphanage.  Because our kids are at the same orphanage, they've also been able to spend a lot of time with ours.  I can't wait to see pictures and videos.  When Amanda told the orphanage director (a sweet old man) that her sister was adopting her kids' two friends, he kept saying, "Oh, please tell her that she is very lucky! Those are the sweetest, smartest, most talented children and if I could, I would adopt them myself." 

There's so much I want to share, but it'll have to wait. 

In other news:  Rob and I had our first visit with our social worker from the home study agency last night.  She met with us each separately for an hour.  It went really well!  I LOVE our case worker.  She's awesome.  I was so nervous going into the interview but by the end, I felt like we were good friends.  She's a youngish mother of two and super sweet.  She basically went over our autobiographies and listened to our life stories from birth to present.  She just wanted to get to know us and find out how we came to the decision to adopt.  It was very therapeutic. 

We scheduled our (hopefully) one home visit for the 13th where she will meet our kids and let them give her a tour of our home.  I got the impression that it will be a very laid back visit and should be low-stress.  Still, I have a lot of work to do on the house in the mean-time. 

We are so close to having our home study complete.  This is huge.  We are getting more and more anxious to meet our children.  This waiting and stress is the pits.

2 comments:

  1. That's an exciting update! Glad things are moving along smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting. Thanks. We are looking forward to the DAY!

    ReplyDelete