Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Few Words

The last few days have been amazing.  We managed to put the adoption chaos aside for a couple of days and enjoyed one of the best Christmases yet.  The kids all commented on how it was one of their favorites.  What's neat about that is that they probably got less than they have in the past.  We're learning that it's really the small, simple gifts that they enjoy the most.
I went out on Christmas Eve to finish up some last minute shopping.  My shopping couldn't feel complete until I had purchased a little something for our Ethiopian kids.

Their gifts will stay wrapped until we bring them home.

My thoughts keep turning to those sweet children in an orphanage a half a world away.  What are they doing right now?  Are they safe?  Warm?  Did anybody show them love today?  Do they have food in their bellies? Do they have any inclination that a family far away wants them as their own?

I find peace in knowing that the same God that watches over me, is watching over them too.

As a family, we pray for them by name.  We pray for those that care for them.  We pray for the other children in the orphanage and  for the sweet mother who had no choice but to give up the children she had birthed and cared for until she couldn't anymore.

But mostly, we pray for us.  We pray that we will be able to be the family that they need.  That we will be strong and united.  That we can be patient with the process and prepared for the obstacles that are sure to come.

We have been overwhelmed by the love and support we have received.  I guess I just wasn't prepared for the outpouring of kindness we have been shown.  I am completely humbled and so very grateful.  I read and re-read all the comments we've received here and elsewhere.  They sustain me.  You really have no idea how much they mean.  Thank you, thank you.

5 comments:

  1. You guys rock. It's so cool for us to watch you guys experience this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, You guys are amazing! I am so excited for you. You will do so well. It will be so neat to 'follow' along on your journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you are doing is very noble and good and if it be God's will, then it will happen and I know you have faith that it will. What better thing can you do to help the world than save two little souls from pain, sorrow and destruction all the while teaching your first six children about truly helping others, sharing, loving and nurturing. What better way to bless your community than to let them join in by doing their part. It will not be easy but it will be well worth it and I am sure the God is pleased as we are also, but only Heavenly Father knows the real blessings. You are being a great example to all who know you plus even strangers who see you as a family. The easy path is not the one to take. We are proud of you at the same time do not expect the same of others. This is a very personal decision and you (the Mom) will be the major giver here. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just so awesome! I admire you so much! These children will truly be blessed. Thanks for your postings....very inspirational. I'm so excited for you and hope that you will holler if you need anything...even just to talk. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matson Family,
    You are such a respectable family. You have strong testimonies and any child would be privileged to live in your home. I think this is just such a wonderful experience for your whole family! Your kids are very loving and will treat these new little ones just as another part of their family. What an exciting time in your life. I am so looking forward to reading each new post....as always! We are thinking about you!!

    ReplyDelete