I had the wonderful opportunity to travel to Utah this past week to attend the temple sealing of my new niece and nephew to their sweet family. What a neat experience! It was perfect.
I couldn’t hold back the tears as I sat and witnessed something that has been a long time in the making. These are the things I don’t ever want to forget:
The calm and peace I felt as I sat and waited for their family to come in the room.
All 7 of the the children quietly coming into the room to join their parents and how beautiful and angelic they all looked in their white clothes.
Charity (the youngest--almost 2) being so calm as her oldest sister carried her.
How happy everyone was but especially Andy. He had had a hard day and we were worried he wouldn’t be in the greatest mood. He kept giggling because he was so happy.
Amanda. I could just see the joy and relief on her face. I love my sister so much.
For just a few minutes, the veil was thin.
I thought about our two children thousands of miles away that we ache to bring home. I thought about the day that we too will bring our family to the temple. I know that if I look at the big picture, it isn’t going to really matter if that happens 1 month or 1 year from now.
August 6th is almost here and still no word of a court date. Because the courts are closing for rainy season, we will not find out what our court date is until late September at the earliest. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed. I really am. But there are some positive things about having to wait a little longer. Airfare is less expensive in the fall. We have a few more months to prepare mentally for having 8 kids. We have a little more time to find the money for travel expenses. Still, I would give all that up in a heartbeat if I could bring our children home tomorrow.
We got our monthly updates on the children today. I wish they gave more detailed information on how they are doing. I want to know more! We did get some cute pictures and I can see that they are growing. That makes me a little sad. I can see them getting older right before my eyes. It’s hard.
We are hoping the next couple months go by quickly. With school starting and the busyness of getting back into a routine--I’m hoping I won’t have time to sit around and feel sorry for myself. We really have so much to be thankful for.
IT will be your family soon!
ReplyDeleteThat is so great that you got to go to the sealing. What a beautiful thing!
ReplyDeleteOh Emily, I wish things could have happened before the courts closed. How disappointing. I love how you're able to see the positive. Those two kids will be here before you know it. I can't wait to hear about the next step. Love you!
ReplyDeleteJust think, you're going to have an awesome experience like that very soon too!! So happy that you have a court date now.
ReplyDelete