The Ethiopian courts closed on August 6th for rainy season and will remain closed through the end of September. We were told that once the courts closed, we would not be notified of a court date until they re-opened. We were resigned to the idea of more waiting and no more news for a while. Imagine our surprise when we received the good news that we had been assigned a court date for November 7th!
We were shocked. That was quickly replaced by complete elation! It's hard to believe that in 11 weeks and 3 days, we will be standing in an Ethiopian court room. It is all starting to seem real now. I feel like I am in the last trimester of a pregnancy and the reality of things soon to come begins to sink in. Instead of reading pregnancy books and shopping for baby clothes, I am spending time immersed in adoption parenting books, Amharic language material and trying to educate myself as much as possible.
The official countdown has begun! Thank you to all of our loved ones who have kept us in their prayers. We can't say it enough--we are so grateful for all of you!
Yay! November will be here soon!
ReplyDeletelets see if my comment works this time??
ReplyDeleteWOOHOO, I am really annoyed with blogger, but even more annoying is I typed you a big lengthy email, in return of your today, and I was re-reading it, making sure it wasn't negative. Because it wasn't it was supose to be helpful. AND MY POWER WENT OUT. I was so mad, and then I thought well maybe I worded it wrong and heavenly father turned off my power for just a minute. hahaha. call me tomorrow I am child free most of the day. Lets mark this down in history. HAH
ReplyDelete