Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Moving Forward

It's now been almost two weeks since we received the discouraging news and I'm happy to report that we are feeling hopeful and positive.  Cautiously.

I had my emotional breakdown which unfortunately occurred publicly--at church.  In front of about 75 people.  It wasn't pretty.  But, I'm good now.  I am really grateful for our friends and family who offered encouraging words and showed love and concern when we needed it the most.  I can't express my gratitude enough.

There hasn't really been any significant news as far as the Ethiopian government is concerned.  There have been some meetings, conference calls and lots of rumors but nothing that has led us to believe that the newly implemented international adoption guidelines are going to be reversed.  For now, we are at peace about it.  We feel confident that everything will happen the way it is supposed to--even if it isn't on our timeline. 



Today we were able to mark a big task off our list.  I was able to drive to Maryville to pick up our completed home study!  I went straight from the agency's office to the UPS store to overnight our 
I-600A application.  Huge weight off my shoulders.  It has been taking anywhere from 2-4 months to receive an approval from USCIS and we need that before we can file our Dossier to Ethiopia.  So, the comings months will be spent just waiting.  Once we receive approval, Washington, DC has done their thing and our paperwork is in Ethiopia, we will wait for an assigned court date.  This is where I'm not sure what the delay will be.  I'm not even going to speculate. 


It's all about patience.  And faith.

3 comments:

  1. Totally off topic here, but you look so cute in that picture!

    Congrats on this huge step! Yay!!!
    Lobe you and am so proud. We are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so proud of you. Keep the faith! It can happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you guys you are in our prayers. SO glad you are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete